Wednesday, March 18, 2009

"On My Honor.....This is my first ever blog post!"

Working on the Hill --- "It's kinda URGENT!

You may be asking yourself why I chose to name my blog "It's Kinda Urgent." It was a phrase, which someone at work used this afternoon. I thought it was an entertaining and somewhat oxymoronic....if something is urgent, then it is well, URGENT...cue: big bold letters! "Can I get a witness?"

Dictionary.com defines urgent by the following:

ur⋅gent 

 /ˈɜrdʒənt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ur-juhnt] Show IPA
–adjective
1.
compelling or requiring immediate action or attention; imperative; pressing: an urgent matter.
2.
insistent or earnest in solicitation; importunate, as a person: an urgent pleader.
3.
expressed with insistence, as requests or appeals: an urgent tone of voice.

Since something urgent is said to require immediate attention, how can "kinda" modify urgent?!?

Also, my name is Heather Broberg and I am a MBA student at American University. I have created this blog for one of my classes, Social Networking and Business.

Oh and by the way...."On my honor, all posts on this blog are my own."

Blog ya lata!

No comments:

Post a Comment